The Church Wardens and Ginny are delighted to announce that Kate Drake has been appointed Benefice Administrator from 1st July. Kate will work with Ginny before Ginny’s retirement and during the vacancy she will work closely with the Church Wardens. Following the appointment of a new vicar, which is likely to be well into next year, Kate will work with her/him.
Benefice services in July
I’m delighted that churches are once more open for services. The services in the Benefice will take place this month at their usual 10 am start as follows:
5th July – St Michael, Great Tew
12th July – St Nicholas, Heythrop
19th July – St John, Little Tew – please note that this is a change from the normal schedule
26th July – St Michael, Great Tew
When you come to a service please note the following:
– hand sanitisers will be available as you enter the church, and again before you receive communion
– please collect your own blue service book; they will not be handed out.
– communion will be in one kind only; the chalice will not be offered. Please remain standing to receive the bread.
– there will be no hymns but an organist will play during the service. The service music will be from a recording.
– you’ll be invited to give your offering/donation as you leave the church after the service
– we will not shake hands at the Peace
– please observe social distancing of a least 1 metre and do not sit directly behind or in front of someone. Family members can sit together. When entering and leaving the church please try to avoid bunching up.
– no refreshments are allowed to be served after the service
If any one has particular concerns when you arrive for a service, please let me know.
I very much look forward to welcoming you to services in the coming weeks. After more than three months of no services, it will be a great pleasure to worship with you again.